- Father of the Bride
Browse Confetti's range of wedding books, available direct from confetti.co.uk.
wedding book of calm practical suggestions on each page
to help you deal with nerves
- Speeches features a selection of useful tips on preparing and delivering
a memorable wedding speech. With sample speeches and advice
for the bride, bride's father, groom and best man
- How to write a wedding speech provides foundations for the father of the bride, groom, best man, bride and bridesmaids to create personalised speeches for their special occasions.
Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of weddings. Your daughter
has chosen to marry and it is your duty to send her into married life
by celebrating her pre-wedding years in a sentimental - and possibly
- amusing way. You've waited all your life for this crucial moment
but take the time to enjoy it. This is your chance to tell her how
much you care and let everyone else know how wonderful she is - make
the most of it. If you want to include a fun game or spoof in your
speech, then check out the article, Sample
If you are the bride's step-father or have been asked to make this
speech in her father's absence, you will still find plenty of suitable
phrases in this article. You may also want to refer to the Speeches:
Family Friend article for more ideas.
So what do you have to say?
- Thank the guests for coming and sharing in this special day.
Remember to mention anyone who has come a long distance.
- Thank anyone who made any financial contribution to the wedding.
- Tell your daughter how proud you are of her.
- Welcome your new son-in-law into your family.
- Reminisce about your daughter's pre-wedding years.
- Wish the newly-weds success and happiness in the future
- Propose a toast to the bride and groom.
You will find here a selection of sample speeches that you can use
as a starting point. If you know what you want to say, just not how
to say it, then try our Pick'n'Mix speech where
you can cut and paste the best bits together! Just don't forget to
tell your daughter how much you love her and be prepared - carry a
handkerchief in case you get too emotional!